Bitdefender Antivirus 2017 is certainly one of the best security programs one can pick for the year 2017 – be it the paid or free version. For added protection of a computer system, it is highly recommended that one gets a paid module as it offers the convenience of full system scan, scheduled scanning etc. Installation of the program isn’t very difficult, only few procedures need to be followed like any other program installation. However, the installation of Bitdefender Antivirus can fail due to few obvious reasons and pop up an error message like ‘Bitdefender Installation has failed’ or ‘Fatal Error during Installation’.
If any of the above seems to appear, following checklist should be verified to ensure every requirement has been met.
- Make sure your computer meets the hardware and software requirements for installing Bitdefender Antivirus 2017 on a computer. The minimum requirement has to be met, and for flawless operation of this Antivirus program a computer should have the recommended hardware requirements as mentioned by Bitdefener.
- If you have had any previous version of Bitdefender Antivirus program installed on your computer, please uninstall using the Bitdefender Uninstallation tool. Third party tools are okay but the steps need to be carried out more precisely.
- Verify the installation kits, they could be corrupted while downloading from the web. Grab an installation disk if you can. Or find details on the installation kits on Bitdefender website.
- Downloaded installation kit files could be blocked by Windows security protocols. Right click on the downloaded installation kit file and inside the Properties window, check if there’s an ‘Unblock’ option. If there’s one, click on it, click ‘Apply’ and then Ok. This would close the dialogue box, and you should retry using the kit.
- Enable Administration rights to the installation kit. While running the file, right click on it and select ‘Run as Administrator’.
If you have done all the steps on this checklist and the installation is still corrupted or failed, try repairing the product from Programs and Features section on Microsoft Windows operating system.
Repair Bitdefender Installation
Go to Control Panel, and find Programs and Features. Open it, wait until the program list populates and scroll down to find Bitdefender Antivirus 2017 or any other version you have installed on your computer.
If you are an advanced user, you might also use the Windows Key + R configuration to open the Run command window and type in appwiz.cpl in there. This step opens the same Programs and Features window. Scroll down and find your Bitdefender Installation. Right click on it, and click Uninstall.
A new Bitdefender window will appear with options – Repair or Remove. Click on Repair and select Ok, the process will continue. It might even ask for the installation kit file. Wait until the whole process ends. The PC may restart once at the end of the repairing process to apply the changes.
If the repairing fails, users are left with options like – cleaning up the registry, defragging the hard drive, clean installing the Windows etc.